Springtime here in Central Texas is short and sweet. Style-wise it’s the time of year that we can still pull-off layers while also digging out the “after Easter” attire (which I totally do not abide by in case you’re wondering). Spring style brings refreshing life into wardrobes that we can embrace throughout the summer as well. Here are my top ten picks to incorporate into your closet for spring (and summer) here in the ATX!
1. Distressed skinny jeans: These are almost a closet staple now. Dress up, dress down, dress all around. There are lots of affortable options for distressed denim, or if you’re brave, you can DIY them yourself!
2. Panama Hat: Hat’s are so multi-purpose, I can’t talk about them enough. This style is great for its classic look, lightweight quality, and sunduty.
3. Tortoise Sunnies: Tortoise glasses are everywhere right now and look great on anyone. Just make sure to get a shape that flatters your face.
4. Midi Dress: Not mini, not maxi…but Midi! Spring and Summer are wedding seasons, and we all need a go-to wedding dress, right? Get one that hits just below the knee but no further than the lower calf.
5. Wedges/Flatforms: Both of these styles are must haves but I lumped them into one because they can be interchangeable. I actually prefer my flatforms….they do a stellar job of lenthening my short legs and are extremely comfortable!
6. Chacos: This one is especially for all you outdoorsy Austinite mommas! Chacos are a little pricey but well worth the money once you experience how great they are for hiking, water activities, or just running around town.
7. Large Straw Tote: Straw just screams warm weather! Listen, do you hear it screaming? Make sure you get a big one to haul all your kid and momma gear around.
8. Swimsuit: Clearly, everyone needs a suit….but this one is on the list frankly because in most other places in the country, swimsuit season is still a good ways off….but not in Texas my friends. Speaking of switsuit season, who wants to go run with me? 🙂
9. Rain boots: With the drought we’ve had here the past few years, rain boots haven’t had the chance to get much lovin’. I’m crossing my fingers that our recent rain will show it’s face again real soon!
10. Pastel denim: Pastels are the bees knees for Spring! Mint or lavender are perfect colors in which to wear denim, or try to incorporate them into a cute blouse or blazer!
So tell us, what are your Spring must haves???