I believe most Texans become very excited when Fall approaches due to cooler temperatures! I look forward to fall decor and all that the season encompasses. Pumpkin flavored everything, football season, Halloween, and rich and colorful décor. I don’t decorate much for the Spring/Summer seasons, but Fall and Winter I love to decorate for because it’s easier and and much more fun.
Here are a few tips of how to transition from summer to fall décor!
1. Incorporate warm tones – change out your blankets and throw pillows with fall colors (purples, mustard yellows, burgundies)
2. Trade out your fresh summer scents for fall scents (pumpkin, cinnamon, apple cider). Light candles and let the glow set the fall mood. Candles are my absolute favorite, especially pumpkin spice and leaves from Bath & Body Works.
3. Decorate with natural elements – seasonal fruit (pears, pumpkins, apples, squash) and pine cones.
4. Purchase seasonal plants such as mums and hydrangea and place them outside your front door/porch.
5. Change out your fabrics and textures – textured textiles such as burlap, tweed, and herringbone.
I hope you enjoy decorating for fall as much as I do! Keep it simple and classic and you will not be disappointed. Seek inspiration from Pinterest as well for great visual ideas!
Do you enjoy decorating for the fall? If so, what are your go to decorations?!