It’s that time of year again! The time of year where your Facebook feed begins to fill up with lots (and lots and lots and lots) of pictures of your friends’ children sitting on Santa’s lap. Some kids are there because they believe Santa is real, and they MUST get him their wish list. Some are there because their parents squeezed them into some sort of uncomfortable and ridiculous outfit, and forced them to smile for a picture. Whatever the reason may be, a visit to Santa is a fun tradition that you just can’t miss out on. As for me, my husband and I can’t seem to decide if we do the whole Santa thing at our house or not (and my oldest is six years old for crying out loud. Probably should have figured that one out about 5 years ago), but you better believe my tribe of 3 will be having their picture taken with one of the Santas on this list. It’s a rite of passage. Plus, I NEED to clog people’s facebook feed up with my kids scowling faces.
Here are 6 GREAT Santas in the Austin-area, for your family to choose from!
1) Cabela’s (15570 S IH 35 Frontage Rd, Buda, TX 78610) – Christmas is right around the corner, and Santa has Cabela’s on his list! Stop by on Saturday, December 12th or Sunday December 13th, between 12-3, to get your free picture with Santa, as well as a keepsake frame!
2) Four Season’s Hotel (Teddy Bear Tea) (98 San Jacinto Blvd, Austin, TX 78701) – December 12, 13, 19 and 20th, seatings at 2:00 PM, 2:15 PM, and 2:3o PM. Guests of all ages are invited to get all gussied up for this Four Seasons Hotel Austin tradition, featuring tea service, holiday caroling and a fireside reading of ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas by Santa himself! Those attending are asked to bring a new, unwrapped teddy bear, which will be donated to the Dell Children’s Hospital.
Reservations are required and may be made by calling TRIO at +1 (512) 685-8300. USD 45 plus tax and 18% gratuity for adults; USD 30 plus tax and 18% gratuity for children 11 and under.
3) Bass Pro Shop (200 Bass Pro Shop Drive, Round Rock, TX 78665) – Santa’s Wonderland! Free pictures with Santa, Christmas crafts, game and activities. Click here to view days and times.
4) Domain (11410 Century Oaks Terrace, Austin, TX 78758) – It’s time for Holiday photo’s with Santa! The best part about this Santa? You can make a reservation, and avoid any wait! Just click here!
5) Barton Creek Mall (2901 S Capital of Texas Hwy, Austin, TX 78746) – Great mall, great Santa. Click here for Santa’s hours.
6) Lakeline Mall (11200 Lakeline Mall Dr, Cedar Park, TX 78613) – Located right outside of Dillard’s. Click here to make your appointment!
Where have you found the BEST Santa?