Valentine’s Day is just around the corner and a great excuse to get crafty with your little ones. Here are a few cute and easy gift ideas perfect for your neighbors, teachers, or kids.
:: Chalkboard Mason Jars ::
- Apply your stencil or sticker and make sure all edges are secure.
- Spray chalk paint. Let Dry.
- Remove stencil once the paint is completely dry.
- Let your kiddos get creative and decorate with the chalk.
- Add some twine, a cute gift tag, and filling of choice.
- Mason Jars
- Chalk Markers or Regular Chalk
- Heart shaped Stencil or Sticker
- Chalkboard Paint (different from chalk paint FYI)
We decided to fill half of the mason jars with candy and half with cinnamon sugar pecans. The pecans make your home smell phenomenal.
Here is the recipe:
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 lb of pecans
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 drops vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Foil or grease a baking sheet
- In a bowl or ziploc bag, mix the egg white, water, and 2 drops of vanilla extract until frothy. In a separate bowl, mix the dry ingredients: sugar, salt, and cinnamon.
- Add pecans to egg white mixture and coat the pecans evenly.
- Then add the coated pecans to the sugar mixture and coat evenly again.
- Spread the pecans on your baking sheet and bake for 1 hour at 250 degrees. STIR every 15-20 minutes.
:: Floral Bouquet ::
I adore having fresh flowers in my home. Even a $7.99 bouquet from HEB can brighten my day. Add a vase, pink tulle ribbon, a monogram if you have time, and you are done!
:: Free Printables ::
I found these adorable hot cocoa cup prints online and they couldn’t have come at a better time! My girls were home sick with ear infections, so these filled up some free time. After we practiced our counting and colors, we colored the cups and cut them out. You can even make this into a sensory activity. Put the candy or marshmallows in a bowl and your kids can use tongs to grab the candy.
- Free Printables
- Heart shaped candy or marshmallows