Husbands of #ATX: Consider this your handy-dandy gift guide to Mother’s Day. — What to give and where to get it! No matter if you’re shopping for your own mom (now World’s Best Grandma!) or the love of your life and Mother to your littles, we’ve put together a list for all the moms in your life. And mamas: maybe this will serve as an idea generator for yourselves? Because you KNOW he’ll need help shopping. These are some of my favorite new gifts this Spring season, perfect for Mother’s Day and beyond.
Top 5 Mother’s Day Gifts:
- Spa Day: So had to share this one first because it’s actually what I’m asking for this Mother’s Day: an afternoon away at Lake Austin Spa Resort! It’s close to home and feels like a sanctuary to me. Their spa services are fantastic, of course, but I also enjoy strolling their grounds along Lake Austin just as much (they have lakeside hammocks, an herb garden, and a gorgeous pool barn). Plus, you can book even just one service and stay for as long as you like — they have amenities like steam room, sauna, hot tub and outdoor showers. Purchase a gift card here or visit the spa and ogle the space for yourself at 12611 Riverbed Road, at the back of Steiner Ranch in Austin.
- Skincare: There is a brand new skincare collection on the market from one of my favorite lines, NaturaBrasil. It’s called the Chronos line and seeks to change the conversation surrounding age in the context of beauty, promote simplicity within wellness routines, and embrace the evolution of beauty life’s journey. The new line breaks skincare into life stages with formulations to reflect the skin’s needs at different ages (30’s, 45+, 60+). Formulas include three proprietary ingredients straight from the Amazon! Above all, Natura believes in three main pillars: self-care, caring for others and caring for the planet.
- New Shoes, of course: fibi & clo is a women’s shoe and accessories brand that offers beautifully unique and eye-catching sparkly designs. Founded in 2009 by University of Texas at Austin alumna & Texas native AnaLiza Alba and Michael Leen, fibi & clo’s signature sandal line was inspired by AnaLiza’s grandmother and her love of dazzling jewelry. Each pair of fibi & clo’s sandals offers a unique tale, and is created with genuine stones, crystals, and bespoke workmanship. All pieces are meticulously designed in the fibi & clo studio in Brooklyn, ethically made, and rooted in Southern love. Browse their full collection of sandals, flats & other accessories online here.
- The Gift of Health: For all the health conscious mamas who know beauty starts on the inside, what about gifting her with the hottest health product out there? –Collagen Peptides are all the rage and avid users proclaim benefits like shinier hair, plumper skin, joint lubrication and more. It comes in powder form & is tasteless, so you can easily add it as a beauty-boost to coffee, water, or smoothies. My favorite brand is BUBS Naturals — they use only sustainably sourced, grass-fed, pasture-raised peptides and donate 10% of all sales to charity. It’s kind of a new thing on the market, so she’ll feel ahead of the curve. When I put it in my morning latte, it’s an easy way to help me feel like I’m doing a little something for me…even when there’s literally no time for myself these days! Purchase Collagen Protein online here.
- Make-up: Introduce her to a new Austin-based makeup line called Elevé Cosmetics with a gift card to fill her cosmetics bag or an afternoon away at their brand-new retail location. Elevé is a clean, luxury beauty line and they have created a beauty boutique unlike any other – a stylish space where women can meet their most beautiful selves or lounge at the in-house champagne bar, where you can order up your bubbly of choice. For busy moms who love beauty products but barely have time to swipe on some lipgloss in the morning, it’s the perfect spot to let her play…she can test run the entire collection of products from lashes to lippies! The brand’s Flagship Store is located at 8916 Brodie Lane, Suite 500, near the Davis Lane & Brodie Lane intersection.