Austin is at its peak with breweries, wineries and distilleries! Here’s a guide to enjoying the best kid-friendly breweries, wineries and distilleries around Austin. Pack the kids up for a day of outdoor sunshine, adult libations and lots of family fun. Enjoy!
Hill Country Breweries:
- This 1515-acreamily run brewery in Dripping Springs does so many things right. Newly opened, this hill country brewery is family friendly spot with great beer and food. With a massive (completely fenced) kids play structure, bocce ball court, corn hole games, giant jenga, and shaded picnic tables, this truly is the place to be on weekends with the family. Permanent food truck onsite is Jep’s Southern Roots, owned by Duck Dynasty cast member Jep Robertson.
- Hours: Wed-Fri 3-10pm, Sat 11am-10pm, Sun 11am-9pm
- Personal drink of choice: The Fox Rye – lager
- Eclectic beers and a relaxed outdoor barn environment. The tasting room sells samples and bottles of beer that can be enjoyed outside by the bonfires or in the farmhouse. Fresh salads and pizzas are served through Stanley’s Farmhouse, where wine is also available. Kids are generally running everywhere, playing in the large sand mound and gazing into the bonfires. The farmhouse also serves as a great place that is covered and does have fans/heaters depending on weather.
- Hours: Fri 4-10pm, Saturday 12-10pm, Sunday 12-9pm
- Personal drink of choice: Cloudfeeder – ale brewed w/ honey, grapefruit, & lime
- Fresh air & fresh beer is their slogan and it’s on point! This is brand new hill country spot, opened April 20, with over 20 acres with wooden tree swings, outdoor picnic tables, a stage for live music and a soon to be finished kids play area (coming in May). Plenty of shade on those hot summer days and lots of room to roam, kiddos will be in heaven while Mom and Dad enjoy a cold beer. A classic farm-to-table style menu for food and select cider & wine available for those non beer drinkers.
- Hours: Thur-Sat 11am-10pm, Sun 11am-8pm
- Personal drink of choice: Adair – kolsch
- Enjoy a warm afternoon under the trees on their expansive grass area. Lots of lawn games including corn hole to keep the kids entertained and space for them to run. Weekends a full menu is served, weekdays they have limited meat and cheese platter options or you can always choose to bring your own picnic. Occasionally a guitarist plays on the outdoor patio.
- Hours: Mon-Sun 11am-6pm
- Personal drink of choice: 2017 Viognier
- The tasting room has a Tuscan ambiance to it with the adjacent Trattoria Lisina restaurant next door. Outside the tasting room there are picnic tables, giant jenga, cornhole and nice lawn to play for kids. Next door at the restaurant is a large fenced kids play structure. Buy a bottle of wine, order some food and sit outside with the family.
- Hours: Mon 12-6pm, Tue-Thur 11am-8pm, Fri-Sat 11am-9pm, Sun 11am-8pm
- Personal drink of choice: Grape Growers Blend – based on Sangiovese, also includes Montepulciano, Dolcetto, and Grenache
- A rustic 30 acre facility in Dripping Springs with a large kids play structure, lots of room to roam, a restaurant, and barn tasting room. The restaurant serves many BBQ options, salads, and a great kids menu. Craft cocktails, beer and tapped drinks are offered to enjoy the distilleries latest concoctions. Live music on the weekends adds to relaxed ambiance of this spot.
- Hours: Thur 4-9pm (restaurant only), Fri 4-9pm, Sat 12-9pm, Sun 12-6pm
- Personal drink of choice: Austin Tea party – sweet tea vodka & sparkling lemonade
- Located less than 30 minutes from Lakeway, this 15 acres ranch in Spicewood is fun for the whole family. Spend the day enjoying widespread hill country views, a fire pit, bocce ball court, human sized beer pong, washers, horse shoes and even a 9 hole disc golf course! Plus a massive sand box for the smaller kids to play in. Options to taste their selection of spirits or order a cocktail. A food truck on site makes for a perfect way to spend the day.
- Hours: Wed-Thur 12-3pm, Friday 4-7pm, Saturday 12-8pm, Sunday 12-6pm
- Personal drink of choice: cocktail with their vodka – made from 100% corn
Brew Pubs in the City:
Austin Beer Garden Brewing Co.
- Enjoy their spacious location on Oltorf Street right in the heart of the city. Their location includes a nice shaded patio with picnic tables and an expansive indoor area including a stage with live music. Large communal tables make for an easy and casual spot with children. The place is always loud and vibrant so children will fit right in. Not your typical brewery food, this spot has amazingly fresh pizza, salads, sandwiches, etc.
- Hours: Tue-Thur 11:30am-11pm, Fri 11:30am-12am, Sat 12pm-12am, Sun 12-10pm
- Personal drink of choice: Industry – pilsner
North by Northwest Restaurant and Brewery
- Their South location has added a kids play structure to their fenced in patio to enhance their family friendly atmosphere. American style cuisine options for the whole family and a rotating beer selection for the adults. Enjoy a family dining option while still enjoying a local brewery favorite.
- Hours: Mon-Thurs 11am-9:30pm, Fri.-Sat 11am-10:30pm, Sun 10am-9pm
- Personal drink of choice: Bavarian Hefeweizen – South German-style unfiltered wheat ale