How I Saved My Marriage | 6 Things You Need to Know About Sleep – Mattress Firm
The average person sleeps 8 hours a day, which means 1/3 of your day is spent sleeping…. which means 1/3 of your LIFE is spent sleeping! It’s absolutely crazy when you think of it like that, but we spend more time sleeping than just about anything else in life.
For the longest time my husband and I slept on a queen size mattress that was from college. Here’s the thing about a queen sized mattress from college – it will either make or break your marriage. There’s something to be said about sharing the same space with your spouse and being able to feel their every toss, every turn, every sheet pull, every foot twitch and every toss the sheets off because they’re do dang hot! Like I mentioned, it can either bring you closer together or make you kind of angry with your significant other.
For me, I was angry. All. The. Time. I’d start the day off in a bad mood, because my husband had literally driven me nuts all night long. Not to mention the back pain because 1. I’d birthed a human and 2. my mattress was still from college and there was a spring poking me in the back on the teeny tiny edge of the bed that I occupied in an effort to create distance between myself and happily sleeping husband for just a few short hours a day.
It wasn’t until I was pregnant with #2 that I realized we were on the brinks of a divorce – of course I’m mostly kidding. Kind of. Either way, it was officially time to adult and upgrade that old college mattress! 5 years later and my husband and I still can’t wait to get home from vacations, because we miss our bed SO much. We opted for a king size memory foam mattress and while you could practically park a car in the space between where I sleep and where my husband sleeps, the distance is SO worth it.
Here are 6 things you may not know about SLEEEEEEP!
- Getting the right amount and quality of sleep can have a dramatic impact on your life and your mattress plays a large role in this. As experts on how you can get the best night sleep, Mattress Firm knows this well.
- Whether your first child is on the way or you have a full house, finding a bedtime routine that works for your entire family isn’t easy. With different sleep schedules, it can be difficult to get the proper amount of sleep.
- With work to get done and other priorities at night, sleep often gets short shrift at the end of a busy day. Getting adequate sleep may seem impossible for new parents, but it’s essential for resolving stress and preparing for the morning ahead.
- Mattress Firm recently conducted a study designed to expose the value of a good night’s rest for new parents, by revealing surprising data about their sleep habits.
- From diaper duty and late-night tantrums to potty training and bedtime stories, there’s no doubt that parents work hard. But Mattress Firm, wants to remind you to take a deep breath and remember to sleep harder.
- Convenience and comfort are key for new parents and late-night feedings (breast or bottle) can be made easier with an adjustable base.