Family Guide To ACL Fest 2018
This year marks the 16th annual Austin City Limits music festival (ACL). It’s been amazing to see ACL evolve over the years.
The first time I went, I was a care-free twenty something dancing in the rain. Now I’m a mom chasing her toddler around while trying to listen to some live music.
I must say that I was completely impressed with the Austin Kiddie Limits section last year. There were kid-friendly crafts, food, music, and most importantly, CLEAN bathrooms!
In case you didn’t know, kids under 10 are admitted for free into ACL with any ticket-holding adult (limit 2 children per adult). If you plan on taking your kiddos to the festival this year, here’s everything you need to know:
– Austin Kiddie Limits is open 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. and it has its own Family Friendly Entrance (hello short line!). All the main entrances are stroller accessible as well.
– Parents can register their children and receive a wrist band at the Tag-A- Kid stations.
– Forget something? Your kid needs a break? No problem. You can exit and re-enter the festival up to 3 times a day.
What to pack:
– Bug spray (non-aerosol)
– A blanket
– Reusable water bottles
– Snacks (there will be food vendors)
– Kid sized noise-cancelling headphones
What to expect:
– Kid-friendly food vendors
– Live music (Kiddie Limits has its own stage)
– Kiddie drum circles
– Punk rock hair st
– Temporary tattoo station
– Hip-Hop workshops
For addition info about the lineup and activities visit https://www.aclfestival.com/kids