Guide To Hutto
At the intersection of FM 685 and Hwy 79 sits a small town known for its hippos. Legend has it that in 1915 a circus train stopped in Hutto. While refueling, a hippopotamus escaped the train and ventured to the cool waters of nearby Cottonwood Creek, which caused quite a stir. The hippo was eventually taken back to the train car. In a few short years, the town of Hutto would adopt the hippo as its mascot.
A legend is born.
In addition to our love of hippos, we are a close-knit community packed with family-friendly offerings and lots of small town Texas charm. Our small town, however, is on the verge of major growth and exciting changes as evidenced by the construction of our own Hutto Co-Op District and growing school district. We invite you to come see what we are all about!
#dreamwithus #theresnoplacelikehutto #herewegrow
102 East Street
Family-owned gift shop offering one-of-a-kind gifts. Includes seasonal, traditional, collegiate, western, and children’s gifts. Also Includes a selection of old-fashioned candy.
202 Farley Street
Boutique shop with unique gifts for every occasion, including precious aprons, pet sachets, fun socks, Hutto garden flags, vibrant jewelry, personalized onesies, dainty necklaces, and fun tees.
409 West Front Street – Suite 206
Family-owned meat market, including prime brisket, pork and beef sausage, steaks, chicken, and seafood. Also offers locally grown vegetables and fruit, fresh eggs, ice cream, homemade breads, pies, and cakes.
201 N FM 1660
Boutique offering home decor and interior design products, as well as clothing, handbags, accessories, and specialty gifts.
Eat and Drink
207 East Street
Known nationally for its pies. Wide selection of hamburgers and sandwiches and down-home options such as Chicken Fried Steak and Liver and Onions. Pie Happy Hour Tuesday through Saturday from 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. daily A slice of pie and a drink for $4.29. Closed Mondays.
142 Exchange Blvd., Suite 100
Delicious and vast array of both sweet and savory scones and other pastries and desserts such as cookies and cupcakes. Yummy sandwiches, quiche, and salads round out the menu. Closed Sundays.
206 Farley Street
Offers up sandwiches, meat plates, and baby back ribs. Sides include mac and cheese, chips, coleslaw, beans, and potato salad. Homemade banana pudding. Closed Mondays & Tuesdays.
560 Highway US-79
Serves Tex-Mex favorites and cocktails in a relaxed, colorful setting.
550 S FM 1660 (Food Truck)
Serves brisket, pork ribs, chicken, and handmade sausage. Closed Sundays.
5004 Gattis School Road #330
Traditional Chinese fare, including healthy and vegan options. Clean and inviting atmosphere.
212 FM 1660
Outdoor live music venue and a large area for dancing. Offers beer and traditional Texas dishes. A great small town hang out and date spot with a friendly atmosphere. Also good for kids. Includes picnic tables and yard games. Closed Mondays.
204 US Highway 79
Boasts the best hamburgers in town. Add beer and sports, and you can’t go wrong with choosing Snuffy’s.
205 East Street
Offering up traditional, American fare inside a high-energy tavern with live music and sports. Able to accommodate large groups.
Health & Beauty
401 Ed Schmidt Blvd. #500
In partnership with Legend Chiropractic, helps people establish a healthy lifestyle through massage and energy healing.
200 Alliance Blvd.
Fitness and family center with programs and events focusing on young people and healthy living. Includes organized sports, childcare, and health and wellness programs and equipment such as weights, group exercise studio, cycle studio, indoor playscape and aquatics center, sauna, and gymnasium.
Youth programs include Hutto Track and Field Club, Youth Basketball, Hutto Family YMCA, Hutto Youth Baseball Softball Association, Hutto Youth Football and Cheer Association, and Hutto Youth Soccer Association. Adult programs include Slow Pitch Softball, 7v7 Soccer, and Kickball.
327 Ed Schmidt Blvd.
Offers spacious guest rooms, gym/fitness center, and outdoor pool areas with tables, chairs, and loungers. Free hot breakfast and WiFi access in every room.
323 Ed Schmidt Blvd.
Offers spacious guest rooms, free breakfast, and a business center. Enjoy the indoor pool and whirlpool, complimentary fitness center, and on-site self-laundry facilities. Pet-friendly.
Mostly private rooms are available and some entire homes. Prices range from $28/night to $104/night.
Parks & Recreation
FM 1660 South and CR137
Access to Brushy Creek. Future home of a city amphitheater.
400 Park Street
Pavilion, basketball court, sand volleyball court, horseshoe pits, reflection pond, and walking trail. Home to Holstrom Field and the Old Hippo Stadium.
805 Estate Drive
Pavilion, picnic sites, playground, basketball court, boat launch, and walking trail.
305 Orchard Way
Picnic sites, playground, practice fields, and walking trail.
101 Fishbaugh Lane
25-feet in diameter splash pad, including ground and raised spray features, and picnic table.
Fall (September, October, & November)
- Hutto Hippos Football:: Head on over to Hutto Memorial Stadium for some Friday night lights
- Hutto Olde Tyme Days:: Explore over 100 arts and crafts and food vendors. Includes a car show and the Henrietta Olde Tyme Days Pageant.
- Get Outdoors Hutto:: Healthy, active outdoor fun, including activities such as archery, fishing, canoeing, yard games, movies, and s’mores.
- Treats on East Street:: Children ages 12 and under participate in games, activities, costume contests, and trick-or-treating.
- ACC Jazz & Dessert Buffet:: Listen to jazz tunes and taste delicious bites at The Gin at the Co-op District
Winter (December, January, & February)
- Santa Claus Crawl:: Enjoy unique holiday drinks as you visit downtown businesses.
- Christmas Tree Lighting:: Watch the lighting of the Hutto Christmas tree. Sing Christmas carols, drink hot chocolate, and decorate Christmas crafts.
- Old Town Christmas:: Celebrate the sights and sounds of the holiday season while attending this family-friendly event. Includes Breakfast with Santa, children’s activities, shopping Downtown Hutto, and SNOW!
Spring (March, April, & May)
- Home & Garden Show:: Features many vendors offering products and services related to home, gardening, remodeling, and home decor.
- Easter Egg Hunt:: Visit with the Easter Bunny and Henrietta Hippo and track down eggs, candy, prizes and more. Also includes bouncy castles, arts and crafts, and a petting zoo
- Crawfish Festival:: A little bit of Louisiana in the heart of Texas! All the crawfish you can eat and fun activities for kids such as carnival rides
- Great Hutto Clean Up:: Come together for a day of service to pick up litter and help keep our city beautiful.
- Reds, Whites, and Brews:: Tastings from Texas wineries and Texas breweries. Sample delicious foods from local food trucks.
- Sunset Block Party Bash:: Occurs the fourth Fridays in April, May, & June. Free musical concerns and free to attend.
Summer (June, July, & August)
- Farmers Market:: At Fritz Park every Wednesday evening from March through October. Support local farmers, crafters, and artisans. Includes kids activities, free yoga, and live music.
- 4th of July Celebration:: Celebrate the 4th at City of Hutto park, featuring a chill zone, kids activities, live music, and so much more.
- KOKEFEST:: Two day musical event hosted by local radio station KOKE.
- Hippo Tour:: You’ll know you’re in Hutto when you start seeing hippos in front of local businesses and homes. Take a tour of our beloved hippos.