Quick And Easy Date Ideas
There’s no shortage of amazing date spots in this town, however, many of them require reservations (restaurants) or tickets (concerts and movies). Here’s a few quick date ideas for the next time you and your significant other have some last-minute kid-free time together.
- Mini golf at Peter Pan. This Austin icon features two 18-hole courses. Just remember it’s cash only. Did I also mention is also BYOB?
- Head out on Lady Bird Lake. There are numerous options to get out on the water: kayaks, canoes, stand up paddle boards—even swan-shaped paddle boats. Most places on the lake, you can walk right up and grab a rental. Just don’t forget your towel if you fall in.
- See a show at the Continental Room. This venue is one of the only places left in Austin where you can just walk right up and buy a ticket at the door. Early evening shows often have no cover at all.
- Grab some food and drink at the Fairground. This “food hall” is tucked away in the downstairs of an old office building but features food from some of the best restaurants in town.
- Take a walk on the boardwalk. This fairly new addition to the hike and bike trail is definitely a good spot for a romantic stroll.
- Have a picnic in Zilker park. Stop by one of Austin’s many convenience stores to fill up on nosh food. Spread out a blanket and enjoy the city skyline in the background.