Valentine’s Day For The Last-Minute Mom
Are you ready for another holiday?
Valentine’s Day is fast approaching! Are your adorable hand-made Pinterest-worthy valentines ready to go?
No? Yeah. Mine either. Such is mom life. Keep reading because I’ve got you covered.
So you’d like something special, you eye the Pinterest boards and consider making a last minute trip to the craft store. But then your toddler is throwing a fit, your big kid is rolling his eyes, and taking on yet another special project just isn’t going to happen without someone having a breakdown. (I’m speaking from experience here.) But you do love giving special little treats that are different from your regular store bought sweetheart cards. So what’s a mom to do?
First of all, don’t sweat it! I’m going to give you the mother load of all things Valentine.
Simple, meets adorable, meets affordable (mostly FREE). And because the kids will be sugared up enough with everyone else’s sweets, all of these ideas are candy-free. No annoying cellophane bags are needed, and I’ve tested each and every link so you won’t end up down a strange internet rabbit-hole just trying to find a download. I’ve also got a must-have party-in-a-box for you that is so cute, your heart eyes emoji will burst.
Perfect Preschool Valentines
Colors / Coloring Pages – Great for preschoolers & young kids
- Crazy Little Projects has perfect simple printables for colors, coloring pages, even stickers!
- Color by Number printable for older kids by A Mom’s Take
- Simple Printable for Colors from DIY Candy
- Another cute choice from Craftaholics Anonymous
Bubbles, Play-doh & More
- You Blow Me Away from Five Heart Home
- Bubbling with Joy from Passion for Savings
- Play doh cuteness from The Nerd’s Wife
- You Knock My Socks off by There’s a Shoe For That (This one does suggest cellophane bags, but I bet you could easily do them up without the bags. I love this idea for babies!)
For all kids:
- Crazy Straws make a crazy cute valentine with this printable from Momma Lew
- A-MAZE-ing Valentines by Living Well Mom
- Adorable themes all in one pack – by Kvas Chaos (a fellow Austin Mom Blogger!)
- Poppin’ Good Time by Glued To My Crafts
- You’re the Balm (chapstick) by Paper Trail Design
- Fortnite by the Procrastinating Mommy
- Joke Teller (Fortune Teller Foldable) by Bren Did (You have to sign up for her email list but it takes 2 seconds and is totally worth it!)
If you’ve got a Valentine’s Day Party to throw, you’re going to need to order this crazy adorable Heart Eyes Party Pack. Whether its a little celebration with neighbors or you’re in charge of the whole Kindergarten class party, Ship Party Return hit it out of the park with Valentine’s cuteness. Plates, napkins, decor, and so much more is all included and will be shipped straight to your door for free. (Mom-tip: They’ve also got an Easter pack, plus adorable birthday parties galore!)
There you have it, mamas! Valentine’s Day is taken care of in a snap.
Don’t stress about the details, because at the end of the day, this holiday is just about showing love for one another. Give big hugs, live in the moment of the
chaotic day, and spend time with the ones you love.
Show yourself some love too, because no matter what you do for Valentine’s Day, you are a great mom. You are a great mom.
Much love to ya! <3