Best Places For Pies In Austin
Today would be a great day to grab a generous slice (or two!) of a pie and maybe some ice cream on top. It is a great excuse to gather together as a family and share in life’s simple pleasures. It doesn’t matter if it’s a classic Blueberry, Apple, Pumpkin Pie or Chocolate Cream and Coconut Pie. It makes the time we spend together just a little sweeter.
But, pies aren’t limited to dessert. I’ve included also a few savory pies so you can have pie for every meal this spring. I’ve gathered together some of Austin’s favorite pie places:
- Sugar Mama’s Bakeshop. Hit up this bakery for whole and miniature pies like Triple Berry, Chocolate Cream and Banana Cream Pie.
- Tiny Pies. The hand-held pies are small but every single one still packs full-sized flavors. They offer some classic, year-round staples like Apple, Key Lime or Cherry. Savory choices like spinach empanadas and pot pies are also on their regular menu.
- Cake & Spoon. One of their most popular pastry is Lemon Chess Pie. Other favorites include the Browned Butter Pecan and a Coconut Cream Pie utilizing coconut milk.
- Lucy’s Fried Chicken. There’s an array of unique pies on the menu! Their original flavors include Moon Pie – layers of brown sugar cookie and homemade marshmallow covered in a hard chocolate shell or Sweet Tea – southern sweet tea chess pie with lemon and whipped cream.
- Quack’s 43rd Street Bakery. Quack’s signature pie is a Key Lime Tart made with a graham meal crust. Other amazing and populars pies include Strawberry Rhubarb and Cherry Pie.
- Baked by Amy’s. Pies here evoke some of Amy’s Ice Creams’ signature flavors, like the bestselling Mexican vanilla s’mores pie! Other popular pies include Apple Bourbon or Espresso Pumpkin Pie.
- Upper Crust Bakery. They offer daily pies, like Pecan and Dutch Apple, along with seasonal ones. The most popular choice here is the Coconut Cream, which is brushed with Callebaut chocolate and topped with whipped cream and toasted coconut.
- Jack Allen’s Kitchen. You can start with Fresh Tomato & Basil Pie served for lunch and a Brownie Blondie Pie – a mix of white chocolate chunks and walnuts with accents of brown sugar and vanilla – for dessert. Best of both pie worlds.
- Bartlett’s. You’ll find here one pie only: a classic key lime. However, surviving trend after trend, the pie remains a bestseller after years on the menu.
- Chez Zee. Options include the Coconut Cream Pie, Key Lime Pie, and the Kahlua Crunch Pie. Then there’s the Apple Pie made with Granny Smith apples – Perfect for two! The desserts are available whole or by the slice to enjoy in the restaurant or to take home.