Dripping Springs, “The Gateway to Hill Country” as it is commonly referred to, is located approximately 25 miles West of Austin.
Dripping Springs exudes a small-town country feel while still being located less than 30 minutes from Downtown!
Dripping Springs is exploding by the minute with new housing communities, new restaurants and new retail spaces. The vibe of the city provides a sense of community and a strong family focus. Schools are highly ranked and housing is still relatively affordable, making this a top selection for raising a family in the Austin area.
Next time you are looking for something new on the weekend, drive over to Dripping Springs and explore one of my favorites below!
Date Night Spots: Schedule a babysitter for the night and indulge in one of these highly recommended restaurants.
- Tillies, located on the Camp Lucy property, is a repurposed town hall building from Vietnam. It is gorgeous, full of culture and history. The menu is eclectic American with a hint of International flare. Seasonal menu additions will enhance your full culinary experience.
- Epicure features fresh, from scratch, quality foods are their specialty. A robust wine list and full bar make this hidden gem the perfect date night spot. PS. Make sure to order the Szechuan brussels sprouts appetizer, you will not be disappointed!
- Creek Road Café is best described as a casual fine dining experience. This locally owned restaurant has maintained a great reputation since 2008 with Dripping Springs residents for its flavorful food, great service and friendly owners.
Sippin’ in Drippin’: Whether you are looking for a cup of joe, refreshing cocktail or a glass of wine, the city is full of selections for your sipping needs.
- For your morning pick me up local favorites include Mazama Coffee Co., Summer Moon and Jolt Coffee. Both Summer Moon and Jolt have drive thru windows for those hectic morning with kids.
- Twisted X Brewing Company and Family Business Beer Co are perfect options for grabbing a refreshing beer and enjoying food at their on-site food trucks.
- Stop into Bell Springs Winery or Solaro Estate if you are in the mood for a glass of some Texas vino!
- Explore new refreshing cocktail favorites at Deep Eddy Distillery or Treaty Oak Distillery. Both are a great time for the whole family with outdoor spaces, games and food!
Family Friendly Restaurants: In need of a place where the kids can run free, scream and make a scene without judgement? Dripping Springs is full of choices!
- A tried and true Austin favorite, Hat Creek Burger, provides kids a place to play while enjoying a juicy burger. And usually a cool milkshake for dessert 🙂
- Route 12 Filling Station features a kid’s playground, outdoor seating and great food. A large splash pad for the kids, quickly jumps this restaurant to my #1 favorite for summer dinners.
- A newbie to Dripping Springs, RoadRunners, is my new go-to. With live music and outdoor games, including a full 18-hole miniature golf course, darts, ping pong, corn hole and swings, the whole family is sure to enjoy. The menu features “elevated” burgers and chicken sandwiches, as well as vegan and gluten-free options.
Outdoor Activities: Besides great eating and drinking, Dripping Springs has other great ways to enjoy the sunshine this summer.
- Swim in the refreshing waters of Hamilton Pool Preserve on those hot summer days. With a short hike down the canyon into the grotto, you’ll be pleasantly surprised at this natural beauty. Reservations are required.
- Grab some fresh produce, enjoy some music and browse artisan goods at Farmers Markets around Dripping. The City of Dripping Springs Farmers Market is every Wednesday from 3pm – 6pm and the Farmers Market in Headwaters Community is every Saturday from 9am – 1pm.
- Founder Memorial Park features walking trails, a playground, a pool and sports courts. Pack up a picnic and head out to the park for the day.