Calling all SAHM mamas! Are you a previous accountant? Do you have experience with bookkeeping? Are you savvy with tax returns?
There is a part-time career opportunity for mamas looking to get back into a career groove while juggling all things mom at home.
Tanya L. Stokes, CPA is looking for a Part-Time Front Office Accountant/Bookkeeper the pay would be $45/contract work (1099) which would be about 60-80 hours per month.
The optimal candidate will be responsible for:
- Monthly bank, credit card, loan reconciliations, etc…for multiple companies within QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks Online.
- Weekly bill pay, Accounts payable, and Accounts Receivable task in QuickBooks Desktop or QuickBooks Online
- The candidate should be customer service oriented, and able to receive documents and feedback from clients in person as well as by phone or email as needed.
- The right candidate will be able to able to work comfortably on their own, prioritizing the workload and maintaining a high level of accuracy and professional atmosphere.
- 5 years’ experience preparing and reviewing tax returns for 1040, 1065, and 1120
- Experience doing bookkeeping
- 5 years’ experience in QuickBooks / QuickBooks Online
- EA, or CPA is considered a plus for prospective employees.
- Franchise tax experience
- Working two days per week Tuesdays and Thursdays in person at office location.
- Work during tax season will consist of tax preparation, client consultations, answering questions in person and over the phone, and receiving documents to be used in preparation of clients work product. During the off season the workload will shift more towards bookkeeping and other traditional accounting duties.
- The candidate should be confident in her abilities and humble enough to admit when she does not have the answers and tactfully seek out the information.
Career Growth Opportunities
We are a small woman-owned accounting business. The competent employee can easily acquire more accounting work through networking and positive word of mouth. Priceless professional connections will be established. After a 90-day probationary period the employee will be reviewed and possibly receive a bonus and/or raise. More responsibilities and increased hours of employment to the employee that has a proven record of professionalism when available.
Point of Contact info
Photography: Jessica Rockowitz Photography +Film