tuneBugz! is OPEN and offering amazing Music Together® classes LIVE ONLINE!
tuneBugz! has been growing music makers in Austin for more than 10 years and we’re excited to continue offering parent/child music classes right at HOME without missing a beat!
This Spring we are studying the Maracas collection of Music Together at home. Did you know that before the pandemic and subsequent lockdown, Music Together was always a home based, parent modeled, music education program for babies, toddlers, preschoolers AND the grown-ups who love them? It was! The big change for us is that the teachers will now bring the classes to you LIVE in Zoom as well as replayable videos on Facebook and YouTube videos and livestreams.
We are adding new support all the time as our team of gifted music educators (Austin mommies & musicians!) gets more and more creative. For now, here’s what’s included in our Music Together Online program:
- Reduced tuition for one family price; it’s just $280 for the whole family! (no sib fees through Aug 18th)
- More classes. Instead of one 45 min studio class per week, we are offering each family up to 3 live, 30 min classes each week (Zoom)
- Longer semester. We have increased the length of our semester from 10 to 20 weeks at no additional cost; the current semester will run until Aug 18th.
- Song themed coloring pages, crafts and activity ideas for deeper at-home learning
- Digital song download and colorful children’s songbook (commemorative print edition and CD will be mailed or delivered to you asap!)
- Full sheet music for all the songs in the Maracas collection (with easy to learn guitar and ukulele chord guides for parents and older sibs learning those instruments)
- Recorded videos of teacher song presentations so you can download and replay them at any time
- Extras! Facebook livestreams at lullaby time, Zoom dance parties, personalized musical birthday messages on your child’s birthday, and guest teachers and musicians from around the world joining us in our Zoom classes!
- Ability to return to a once a week in-person class if we are allowed to do that prior to Aug 18th
- Hello Everybody app for music on the go (with activities & videos)
- Your own account on the Family Music Zone from Music Together Worldwide (song specific activities, videos and music education support for homeschooling)
- Ability to invite Grandparents and family members to join your child in music class for a visit – they love singing along!
- A sweet and supportive community of music makers to ride this thing out with during one of the most challenging times in human history – we want you with us!
The great thing about such an abundance of resources is that you can structure your learning adventure in any number of ways that fits. Once registered, we craft a comfortable home plan customized for each family – and yes! You CAN do the Music Together program SCREEN FREE!
Music Together Online Schedules
● Sundays 9:00, 10:30 or 4:30 pm
● Mondays on Facebook/YouTube
● Tuesdays 9:30 or 12:00
● Wednesdays 10:00
● Thursdays 9:00, 10:00 or 11:30
● Fridays 10:00 or 11:00
● Fridays 12pm is our Babies Only Group (infants 6 months and under only)
Click here to RSVP for a free sample music class in Zoom.
For more information on classes, schedules & tuition, visit the tuneBugz! website.
With our tools and your enthusiasm we can make a huge musical impact on your child and on your whole family’s sense of musicality. Children absorb and reflect what we model at home.
In this new lockdown world, we know that we all have our own home situations. Like you, our teachers and staff are also at home making the best of our situations. So, because our world has changed, we have restructured our program to work for each family by making our robust (and nurturing) program as accessible and flexible as possible. Our goal is to make music class a stress reliever and the bringer of musical joy. We don’t want you to dread another obligation because your toddler won’t put pants on or won’t put down that loaf of HEB ‘hot bread’ he’s been dragging around gnawing on. The best way to engage your children with the tuneBugz! Music Together Online program in this new world is to do the best you can—when you can.
Some will be comforted by structure and support. Others might be comforted by having the
flexibility to pop in when they can—and to do that guilt free. So, we have re-structured
tuneBugz! to be a ‘choose your own adventure’ model. Because every family’s situation is different, we, as a company and as fellow parents and musicians are doing a lot of listening
and working to provide the kind of support families need as needs arise.
Austin’s little musicians and Austin’s music loving families are important to us and we will
continue to adjust our offerings as this pandemic runs its course. We are standing with you in making music in creative ways to cope, to continue to learn, as well as to embrace learning that reduces stress and creates a sense of wellbeing (which singing together does!). No matter what’s happening, we hope that at least once a week you can take 20 or 30 mins to put aside the goals, expectations and worry, and then just enjoy an activity purely for the happiness it brings. If you desire more, well then we’ll see you 2 or 3 more times later in the week!
Now just imagine the fun and playfulness you are doing with your child around music making right now is also going to serve them well for the rest of their lives. Just ask Billie and Finneas Eilish! Billie and Finneas both have very clear memories of doing Music Together as children.
Their Mom was a Music Together teacher and they were both raised with the very same
songs you and your children will learn and play with in our online semester. Finneas opened up in a post-Grammy nomination interview that he feels his and Billie’s musicality was born at home and in the supportive Music Together community. WOW!
Don’t take our word for it; come try it for free!
The great thing about an abundance of resources is that you can structure your music learning adventure in a way that fits your vibe. Once registered, we can craft a comfortable home plan customized to help you do YOU! And – yes! You can even do the program screen free!