Pediatric Dentist offices in Austin have reopened! According to Gov. Greg Abbott, effective May 4th, Lone Star Pediatric Dental and Braces was permitted to open to all patients. The limiting to emergency dental patients was put in place to protect the community and to preserve PPE supplies for the frontline medical workers.
We don’t know about you, but we are R-E-A-D-Y for some normalcy and yes, that even includes the essential things like a good ‘ole teeth cleaning!
Many of you already have children who are patients of Lone Star Pediatric Dental. You likely know the team and are used to seeing their smiles at our Mom’s Night Out events. We love the doctors and staff at Lone Star!
We understand that circumstances have changed, and the Lone Star Pediatric Dental & Braces team has adapted along with it. They’ve set in place the following precautionary measures to ensure that we all (Patients & Team) remain protected.
The following is from the Lone Star Pediatric Dental team and are provisions they are taking in the office:
We will be asking prescreening questions regarding COVID-19 before all appointments during our reminder calls to you.(i.e. Has anyone in the household been exposed to COVID-19, anyone running a fever, etc)
We have always followed the standard CDC and ADA sterilization guidelines, but we will be sanitizing with disinfectant even more regularly.
- To reduce risk, we are limiting to 1 guardian per family to accompany their child/children during their visits with us. We ask that any sibling not being seen by us, stay at home for their safety and ours.
- We love seeing our patients and can’t wait to see you, but we are refraining from handshakes and hugs at this time.
- Our team and patients will have temperatures checked at the door.
- Patients will be greeted at the door by one of our team members.
- We ask that patients and guardians keep a safe 6 ft social distance while waiting outside or in the car.
- Social distancing of 6ft will be followed in our office. We will be reducing the number of patients we see daily and at the same time.
- Our entire team will be complying with orders issued in our county.
- Please arrive with face masks/coverings for both guardian and child for your visit. We will not be able to provide these should you forget them, as we have to preserve supplies in order to care for all of our patients and team.
- Our office is the fun place to be for our little patients. During this time, we will be limiting patient activities to coloring and activity sheets with individual box crayons so patients can take them home. All game units & iPads will be taking an early summer vacation to reduce shared items.
Call Lone Star Pediatric Dental & Braces at 512-402-9996 to schedule your appointment.
Photo Credit :: Jessica Rockowitz