As we continue to experience power and water outages across Central Texas, our local grocery stores are struggling to keep their doors open to Texans in need.
H-E-B Grocery Store locations in Austin and Central Texas are reopening with reduced hours on Thursday. Grocery Stores will open from noon to 5 p.m., the grocery chain said. The Central Market located on North Lamar Boulevard will reopen from 12 p.m. to 6 p.m., while the Central Market located on Westgate Boulevard will remain closed.
The following Austin-area H-E-B Grocery Store locations are closed Thursday:
- Wells Branch & 1825
- Congress & Oltorf
- FM 1431 & 183
- Hwy 183 & Lakeline
- Parmer & McNeil
- 620 & 2222
- Parmer & I35
- Riverside & S. Pleasant
- Lamar & Rundberg
According to the Leander Police Department, the H-E-B in Leander was also unable to open on Tuesday. For more information on H-E-B openings and closures, click here.
On Thursday, Wheatsville Grocery Stores opened its doors from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. with smaller crews, limited power and still following COVID safety protocols.
“Please be aware that we are operating with smaller crews, limited power and still following COVID safety protocols,” Wheatsville said. “Store conditions are updated as conditions change.”
As of Thursday morning, Walmart Grocery Stores had closed 206 stores nationwide due to the weather. Here’s a list of stores open Wednesday, according to its online map:
- 9700 N. Capital of Texas Highway (Sam’s Club, Austin)
- 9900 S. Interstate 35 (Sam’s Club, Austin)
- 11923 Hwy. 290 E. (Manor)
- 2525 W. Anderson Lane (Austin)
- 1904 S. Colorado St. (Lockhart)
- 4700 E Palm Valley Bvld. (Round Rock)
- 2700 Hwy. 281 (Marble Falls)
- 1320 W. Highway 290 (Elgin)
According to Target’s Grcoery store locator, almost all locations in the Austin area are open Wednesday, though some are operating with reduced hours. Here’s a list of Thursday’s hours of operation for the area’s open Target locations:
- Austin Saltillo: 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Austin UT Campus: 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Austin South: 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Austin East: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Austin SW: 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Austin North: 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Austin Southpark: 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Austin Arboretum: 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Four Points: 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Bee Cave: 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Austin NW: 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Round Rock: 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Pflugerville: 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Cedar Park: 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Kyle: 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Georgetown: 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- San Marcos (downtown): 7a.m. to 10 p.m.
- San Marcos (Barnes Drive): 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- New Braunfels: 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Harker Heights: 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.