Looking for places to take the kids for some air-conditioned fun in this hottest of hot summers? We’ve got you covered with this guide to indoor play places in and around Austin. We’ve pulled together a laundry list of places, including the ages they cater to, to help you keep your cool (literally) while the kids are entertained. Everybody wins!
- Chaparral Ice – Ice skating is fun for all ages. Visit either the Northcross Mall location or the new facility at The Crossover in Leander.
- The Science Mill is a museum and hands-on activities center all in one, with 50+ exhibits, summer camps, and an immersive STEM learning experience for all ages.
- Austin Roller Rink for some good, old-fashioned rollerskating
- Playland Skate Center, another old-school roller rink
- iFly indoor skydiving (ages 4+)
- The Main Event
- Urban Air
Want more ideas of what to do this summer? Check out our monster list of 102 Things to Do This Summer In and Around Austin!
- Highland Lanes
- Westgate Lanes
- Spare Time
- Austin’s Park & Pizza
- Splash Shack indoor water park in Cedar Park
- Kalahari, America’s largest indoor water park and resort
- Austin Aquarium
- Wonder World Cave & Adventure Park
- Monster Mini Golf and Laser Tag
Best for LITTLE-littles
- Gymboree – music and play at one of two Austin-area locations: Cedar Park and Round Rock
- Baby Bloomers at The Thinkery
- The Little Gym has activities, like dance and gymnastics
- Little Land Play Gym
Pikopyestown is an imaginative indoor play “town”, creative lounge, private event space and a toy boutique in South Austin, TX.
Best for age 5+
- Austin Ninjas is an American Ninja Warriors Obstacle Course facility with two Austin-area locations.
- Chuck E. Cheese – three Austin-area locations
- Inflatable Wonderland (ages 11 and under)
- Mt Playmore, an indoor playscape for kids up to age 12
- Dart-em Up!, an indoor foam darts sports arena
- Indigo Play, an indoor play center for babies to age 10
- Fantastic Magic Camp (ages 6-12) teaches life skills and confidence through magic, juggling, and puppets
- The Art Garage (ages 6-16)
- Code Ninjas (ages 7-14) teaches kids to build their own video games
- My Coding Place – (ages 7-18) STEM and coding workshops
- The Thinkery
- The Scholar Ship escape room for kids (ages 7+)
- Inner Space Cavern (ages 7+)
- Blazer Tag (ages 7+)
Best for age 12+
- Class Axe Throwing
- eSports Cave (best for ages 10+) video gaming center with consoles and table groups for individual or competitive play
- The Escape Game (ages 13+)
- K1 Speed