Every year on January 1st many of us chose to make a New Year’s Resolution. The number one resolution made by many of us is to live a healthier lifestyle and jumpstart a workout routine. Some may choose to eat healthier, but many of us choose to become more active by working out. I’ve been one of those, who decided to that working out more would be my number one resolution. For a busy Mom of three kids, I often find myself having a hard time prioritizing my exercise routine, but I’ve found some great options that has helped me incorporate a more active and healthier lifestyle.
RELATED READING :: Where to Workout in Austin
Here are some workout ideas to get you kickstarted in 2022!
- I have always been a fanatic of indoor cycling! I’ve never actually taken a spin class, but when at the gym I’ve always been drawn to riding. I received a early Christmas present in November, my husband purchased a new Peloton Bike for me. I would say that this is the gift that keeps on giving for my family. Not only has my husband started riding at least two times a day, but so has my son and daughter. The Peloton Bike can be a expensive purchase. Prior to me getting my bike, I subscribed to the Peloton app for 14.99 a month. The Peloton App gives me access to more then just cycling such as yoga, boxing, walking, and running.
- Fitness Tracking Devices- The first thing I do in the morning before getting out my bed in the mornings is grab my apple watch. Two years ago, Apple lunched Fitness + that offers a whole gym experience by offering classes such as yoga, strength, treadmill, core and HIIT. Not only does the apple watch gives you the ability to track your steps, it allows you to log workouts such as running, walking, and swimming. There are many Fitness Tracking Devices on the market such as the Fitbit, Samsung Galaxy Watch, and Garmin Vivoactive 4.
- Outdoor Fitness: Outdoor fitness is a great way to get out and meet new people while at the same time get fit. I’ve joined local well know boot camps in Southwest Austin before, and I must say that it challenged me the most. One of the great things I loved about working with boot camps was being outdoors and working in intervals. I got hands on guidance from my instructor, we worked in stations (sometimes weights, jump roping, core), but the best thing I loved about joining bootcamps was the group experience. Having fellow friends and neighbors encouraging each other was a great atmosphere to be in.
- I have found Yoga to be one of the most relaxing forms of exercise that I have ever done. All you will need is a mat and a quiet calm space to workout. For Yoga beginners like myself, I look for a free app to help guide me correctly. The Track Yoga is one of my goes to apps for classes that are easy to follow along with. I highly suggest this app for people who are still trying to navigate the world of yoga.
- Do what feel best for you!! Ultimately, I suggest that you do what feels best for you and your body. I have started workouts before, some I don’t follow through with, some I do. Sometimes I have jumped in full force, I should have built my endurance to last and not get burnt out. Take it slow, one day at a time! If you’re looking to live a healthier lifestyle by eating cleaner or running a 5K. Just take your time, work at your own pace! Know that if you fall, pick your head up and keep going.