One of the many things you can look forward to in motherhood are playdates! It’s a great way to catch up with your moms friends & introduce your babies to playtime with others.
RELATED READING :: I Didn’t Know I Needed Play Dates as Much as My Kids
When you’re in the thick of raising your little ones it’s even more crucial to lean on your momma friends & get together whenever you can. When you’re scheduling the next playdate- check out these crawler & cruiser friendly places in Austin.
- Indigo Play: A “learning through play” experience for ages 0+. With a special spot designed for your tummy timer, crawler, or new walker- you’ll be able to let baby “roam free” on cushy floors & walls while you chat it up with your gal pals. Open play is 7 days a week! Entry for babies is $0 for 0-5 months (each adult $6) & $13 for 6-23 months (2 free adults).
- The Little Gym South Austin: A place of 3 dimensional learning for your baby & young children. For ages 4-10 months, you can book a “Bugs” class for you & your baby on Monday, Wednesday, or Friday. Another great way to get in some play & catching up with your girls!
- Little Land Play Gym: With multiple locations across Austin & the surrounding area, this indoor playground has one-of-a-kind play equipment designed by pediatric therapists. Open play for 0 months – 12 years is open everyday (times vary) & you can even purchase a monthly membership. Have kids that are 2 years or older? Book a parents night out! With multiple ways to plan your Little Land Visit, you’re sure to find what works for you without breaking the bank.
- The Thinkery: Although the Thinkery is mainly geared towards toddler & grade school kiddos- there is an entire area dedicated to babies on the top floor. Complete with a nursing room for Mammas who desire privacy during a nursing session, & stroller friendly halls, this is a great place for a baby playdate. If you want an even more special experience for your babe, attend a “Baby Bloomers” class on Saturdays from 8:00 am to 10:00 am. Thinkery opens its doors early just for ages 0-3 (and their families) every Saturday morning so little ones can experience all the activities in an environment focused on them. You can easily get tickets online & they even have weekend specials too (book in advance- as the weekends book fast)! The Thinkery is open Tuesday – Sunday.
- Austin Public Libraries: It’s never too early to introduce books to your baby & what better way than attending “Books & Babies” at the library! Call the mom squad and meet up at any of the Austin Public libraries for story time. You can find the schedule on the library website.
- Alliance Children’s Garden: Thought your sitter or crawler was too young for an outdoor playground? Think again! The Alliance Children’s Garden is the perfect place for an outdoor playdate. With lots of shade, places to sit, & certain parts of the garden having turf, your baby can experience the great outdoors without eating too much grass & scraping their knees as they’re crawling or learning to walk.
It’s never too early to start playdates with your babies. Even if they just sit & stare at each other & don’t actually “play”, it’s an excuse for you to connect with your mom tribe! Babyhood & motherhood are both tough some days- but it’s easier when you have a another Mamma to turn to & cheer you on.