We are so lucky that Austin offers so many events for families to choose from during the holiday season! Check out our list below and get in the holiday spirit!
November 27th thru December 24th
This holiday season we are introducing Santa’s Wonderland, a magical experience that allows families to visit with Santa inside a colorful candyland that is sure to go beyond your expectations. This is the can’t miss experience of the holiday season! Santa’s Wonderland is located next to James Avery, across from Athleta, and adjacent to the Central Plaza Lawn.
November 17th – November 22nd
The A Christmas Affair 2020 team is proud to announce an exciting reinvention of the annual, iconic holiday event. After analysis of current directions from local and state authorities, and keeping the safety of our volunteers, merchants and guests in mind, A Christmas Affair: Felicidad will be a fully virtual event and marketplace.
Now in its 45th year, the five-day holiday gift market kicks off the giving season each year and hosts more than 150 regional and national retail merchants. This year, The Junior League of Austin will use a platform that will allow the JLA to support small businesses from around the country and create interaction experiences for its virtual attendees.
November 13th – December 24th
We have thousands of original works ranging from serious art to fun, kitschy items. Shopping at the Bazaar is a great way to buy holiday gifts in a hassle-free environment, all while supporting local artists.
All items at the Bazaar are handmade by local and regional artists that are selected through a rigorous jury process. The Bazaar features the work of more than 200 artists offering a wide variety of imaginative and beautiful gifts. You can expect to find paintings, photography, prints, sculptures, jewelry, clothing, accessories, glassworks, ceramics, and more gifts you can’t find anywhere else. Shop In-store or Online!
November 28th – December 12th
This holiday season, Austin Arts Fair is going virtual…just in time for your holiday shopping needs. Shop the online market for uniquely Austin collections of original, handmade art and crafts by local artists.
The online market will go live on November 28 at www.austinartsfair.com.
Hosted by the City of Dripping Springs and Dripping Springs Lions Club, visitors once again will see the downtown area transformed into a winter wonderland of brilliant illumination, holiday sales, and Christmas cheer.
The Organizers know that now, more than ever, the City needs to feel the spirit of the season. They also know it needs to be SAFE for all those visiting. So, it will be a simpler and safer Christmas on Mercer, but still just as festive:
- Christmas on Mercer will be held in downtown Dripping Springs on Saturday, December 5, 2020, 10am to 5pm. Admission is free!
- The all-day celebration will have arts/crafts and business vendor booths spaced out to make shopping safe and ensure that CDC and State guidelines will be followed.
- You’ll feel the full spirit of the season with holiday music filling the air. While there will be no live music, there will be plenty of holiday music and Christmas carols piped in throughout the area!
- Santa will not be there due to social distancing at the North Pole so he’s healthy for Christmas. But we’ll have a special mail box to Santa available for letters to Santa and tykes will receive a letter from Santa in return. There will also be a photo-op-wall, where your family can take a fun snapshot!
- The old time favorite trackless train and pony rides will be on hand!
- Local downtown businesses will create a festive atmosphere with added fun for all!
- The City will continue to monitor the regulations set by the CDC and the State of Texas to ensure we abide by all safety precautions to keep our community safe.
We are excited to announce that we are hosting our first in-person Holiday Mini Market on December 6th and December 13th at the South Congress Hotel. This will look significantly different than other markets but we’ve been given the green light to host a small and curated shopping experience-so we’re going for it (safely, of course).
A few details!
- Mini Market will be hosted on Sunday, December 6th and Sunday, December 13th from 10am-2pm.
- We will host I5 vendors on each day to ensure social distancing between booths.
- Vendors will be set up in the large ballroom. We will have fans and all doors open to ensure max air circulation.
- Following current safety guidelines, we will be capping guests attendance at 125 people (50% capacity).
- Guests will not be allowed to eat or drink inside the ballroom while they are shopping and will be required to wear masks the entire time they are inside. We will have a bar in the courtyard.
- Vendors will be required to wear masks.
- Gifts bags are back! The first 25 guests through the doors will receive a free gift bag!
While this may seem like a long list of rules, your safety, the safety of our guests, their families, our fellow attendees, and the rest of humanity is our top priority. With that being said, we can’t wait to see your cute faces behind those masks supporting our small businesses! Shop small, shop safe, and see you on December 6th and December 13th. Vendor Line Up coming soon!
December 4th – 6th
Join us as we host interior designers, decorators, and over 100 dealers with unique vintage & antique goods, handmade treasures, clothing & jewelry, LIVE plants, and so much more!
Hungry?! Enjoy a great mix of food options including custom and vegan menus! Snag anything from a delicious wood-fired pizza to a delectable deep fried treat! Caramel apples, gourmet fudge and chocolates, delicious treats, and it doesn’t stop there!
Participate in one-of-a-kind shopping, giveaways, and so much more! Children 12 and under admitted free of charge!
December 3rd – 5th
We are thrilled to invite you to join Mobile Loaves & Fishes in a safe, socially-distant holiday shopping experience. Our Community First! Village artists and makers have been hard at work creating many unique items that are sure to please everyone on your holiday shopping list. Your purchases help provide a dignified income for our Village neighbors who work through our Community Works programs.
Shopping reservations are required. Please plan to arrive within your shopping time window on your designated day. The Goodness Grill will be open throughout the day to provide you with your holiday shopping fuel and we invite you to enjoy your meal at the Community Table or take it to-go and dine at home. Santa Claus will make a special appearance during the evening shop hours so you may take your own socially-distant holiday photos!
We care about you and your safety and have taken all necessary precautions to make this a safe environment. We require guests to wear masks at all times while on the Village property and while inside the Holiday Market. We ask that you please adhere to CDC guidelines.
Second Annual Holiday Market at Driftwood Distillery
We’re excited for this Holiday Pop Up Shop with our friends at Hold Out Brewery & Better Half Bar!
The Austin Flea features all local handmade items and vintage wares from some of Austin’s most amazing and talented vendors. Find one-of-a-kind gifts for the Holidays or any occasion including jewelry, bath/body products, vintage, original artwork, paper goods, textiles and so much more!
Entrance to the event is Free and open to all ages!
Handmade. Vintage. Local.