From little to big, Austin is the place to be to celebrate the holidays. Check out the festivals we found!
November 28th – December 31st.
Austin. We are thrilled to announce the Downtown Holiday Stroll is returning in a COVID-conscious fashion for its 26th year!
December 17th – 19th
Bee Caves. The Bee Cave Arts Foundation will host the inaugural BuzzFest, a winter light festival, at the Hill Country Galleria. This outdoor display of light art installations will take guests on a deep dive into the ocean of bioluminescence and immersive sound, created by nationally acclaimed artists. Guests can stroll the streets of the Galleria and experience art in a whole new light. In addition, The League, opening soon at Hill Country Galleria, will host a pop-up bar during BuzzFest, offering a menu of signature cocktails along with gift cards and merchandise for purchase.
Dripping Springs. Hosted by the City of Dripping Springs and Dripping Springs Lions Club, visitors once again will see the downtown area transformed into a winter wonderland of brilliant illumination, holiday sales, and Christmas cheer.
The Organizers know that now, more than ever, the City needs to feel the spirit of the season. They also know it needs to be SAFE for all those visiting. So, it will be a simpler and safer Christmas on Mercer, but still just as festive:
- Christmas on Mercer will be held in downtown Dripping Springs on Saturday, December 5, 2020, 10am to 5pm. Admission is free!
- The all-day celebration will have arts/crafts and business vendor booths spaced out to make shopping safe and ensure that CDC and State guidelines will be followed.
- You’ll feel the full spirit of the season with holiday music filling the air. While there will be no live music, there will be plenty of holiday music and Christmas carols piped in throughout the area!
- Santa will not be there due to social distancing at the North Pole so he’s healthy for Christmas. But we’ll have a special mail box to Santa available for letters to Santa and tykes will receive a letter from Santa in return. There will also be a photo-op-wall, where your family can take a fun snapshot!
- The old time favorite trackless train and pony rides will be on hand!
- Local downtown businesses will create a festive atmosphere with added fun for all!
- After the day festivities, Join us for our Virtual Tree Lighting at dusk! The annual tree lighting will be a virtual version of the beloved event. It takes place at dusk with caroling and more. Virtually, every Dripping Springs resident will be able to watch the festivities with their family, sipping hot cocoa from their comfy home. Just go to our Christmas on Mercer Facebook page and watch it live!
Saturdays and Sundays, November 27th – December 20th