Spring is my favorite time of the year! Spring means sunshine, flowers and my return to the great outdoors. Goodbye cabin fever. Hello, playdate adventures and date night under the stars.
Grab your lover and make the most of the upcoming and all-too-short-lived “highs in the 70s and lows in the 60s” trend with some of my favorite Spring Date Nights in Austin.
- Top Golf gets my vote for top pick. Great food and drinks, a little friendly competition with the babe. This date night is one that’s even better with friends. And don’t worry, you don’t need to be a pro to have fun!
- If you love music, check out Texas Radio Live at Guero’s Oak Garden on Wednesdays from 6-8pm. Musicians and fans come together to celebrate the sacred traditions of Texas music and Austin tacos.
- Speaking of South Congress spots, carve out some time to share oysters and sip Perla’s Porch Punch. Note: Walk on over to Kendra Scott after dinner (less than 20 yards).
- Feel the wind in your hair! Take a bicycle tour of Lakes, Bridges and Springs, Austin’s Icons, Texas Craft Beer (Saturdays & Sundays) or Art and Architecture with Austin Bike Tours and Rentals.
- Austin is brewing over… quite literally! Take your babe to one of the many local breweries (or distilleries). Try Austin Beer Garden and Brewery, just off South Lamar. Beyond tons of classic beer styles, they’ve got live local music, pizza, salads and tons of outdoor seating.
- Rainey Street is a well-rounded choice for an outdoor date night. Grab a casual dinner at Bangers or one of the mega-popular food trucks that line the street, play ping-pong or hula hoop at Lustre Pearl and enjoy live music nearly everywhere you go.
- If you’re feeling something low-key, enjoy coffee, ice cream or fresh-baked pastries at Mozart’s Coffee Roasters while overlooking Lake Austin.
- Treat yourselves to a craft cocktail at Whisler’s–the go-to patio on the Eastside. Get lost in the one-of-a-kind feel of this hot spot.
- Throw it back to your glory days with a game of volleyball at Moontower Saloon. And when you’re finished channeling your inner Gabrielle Reece, there’s plenty of beer, food (trailers) and live music to keep you entertained!
- Dig even deeper into the good ol’ days at the Blue Starlite Drive-In (yes, this exists!). Now playing classic movies like: Grease, Casablanca, The Princess Bride and Dazed and Confused. Alright, alright, alright!
Date nights are super important. It’s our time to reconnect, remember why we fell in love in the first place, forget about the worries of work and madness of parenthood and just be together. Break the mold and treat your beau to one of these sure-to-be fun outdoor Spring Date Nights in Austin!