How many times do your children dress up in Halloween costumes during the month of October? Do you take them to multiple trick or treat/festive events?
My son is too young for most events, so we only dress up for trick or treating on October 31st. Although, I’d love to take him to some of the great events Austin has to offer. Below are some fun Halloween activities to check out for you and the family! Trick or treating, fall festivals, carnivals and more!
- The THINKERY Halloween Hootennany Friday, Oct. 31 – 6 pm- 8:30 pm Family friendly event with spooky science activities, a not so scary Story Time and a pumpkin patch that the little ones will love. Come dressed in your Halloween best for our costume parade! While this is a candy-free event, refreshments -including food, beer, wine and kid-friendly drinks, will be available onsite for purchase. See ticket prices and more details here.
- Round Rock Fall Fun Fest – Friday, Oct. 31 – 9am to 11:30am At Settlers’ Park FREE event – Carnival games, hayrides, cookies & punch
- YMCA of Austin 16th Annual Fall Harvest Festival Sunday, Oct. 26 3-5pm FREE event includes trunk or treat, games, face painting and a costume parade.
- Hyde Park Fire Station Festival Sunday, Oct. 19 – Parade departs at 4, Festivities at fire station from 4:30-6pm Halloween costumes and decorated bikes are encouraged. Family friendly entertainment, tours of the fire truck and prizes for child, adult and pet Halloween costumes.
- Twin Lakes YMCA Cedar Park Fall Festival Saturday, October 18, 2014 from 12:00 pm- 9:00 pm Fun-filled family event complete with inflatables, carnival games, prizes, crafts, face painting, a petting zoo, climbing tower, rides, food, music and community businesses. When: Saturday, October 18th from 12pm – 9pm Age 3 and under – FREE, $8/person before Oct. 18, $10/person at the Gate, $75 Family package (5 wristbands & 50 tickets)
- Wells Branch Trunk or Treat Friday Oct. 31 6-9pm Bring your trick-or-treat route by the Community Center parking lot off Klattenhoff Dr. for Trunk-or-Treat. Trunk-or-Treat is a great centralized and safe location for you and your kids to trick-or-treat on Halloween night. You will be able get candy, play games, get your picture taken in a photo booth and more all for FREE on Halloween night.
- Trick or Treat at Hill Country Galleria Join the Galleria on Saturday, October 25th for a special Halloween event with free face painting, free bounce houses, bungee jump, and of course trick or treating! The fun starts at 2pm in the outdoor Amphitheater with kids entertainment by musical guest The Sassy Spurs, then trick or treating follows from 4p-6pm. Make the rounds at over 100 stores and restaurants at the Hill Country Galleria to trick or treat! Be sure to wear your costume! The day will end with a live music performance by The Brewbirds with Warren Hood.
- Lakeway Regional Medical Center + Lakeway Police Fright Fest: Lakeway Regional Medical Center has partnered with the Lakeway Police to provide a community event called Fright Fest. The Haunted Maze will be held on October 25th & 26th from 7-11pm. Fright Fest will be held on October 27th from 5-9pm. The event will be taking place in the lower level of the parking garage at the hospital. We will be featuring a haunted maze all three night for ages 10 and up. Fright Fest on October 27th will feature a costume contest, pumpkin carving station, food, games and trunk-or-treat opportunities. Trunk or Treat provides a safe and festive environment for families to enjoy. This is a great opportunity to show your support to the community and be a part of this event. The event is completely free!
- Steiner Ranch Towne Square Community Center: Sunday October 26th @ 4 pm!
- Cedar Park Recreation Center Trunk or Treat: Trunk or Treat Oct 29th 6pm -8 pm FREE, Fun family event! Costumes are encouraged (not too scary). Concessions available for purchase. Trunk or treating, Face painting, inflatables, pumpkin painting, cupcake walk, carnival games, photo booth.
- Lakeway Goblin Glow: Happy Halloween from the City of Lakeway! Come one, come all on Saturday, October 18, 2014 to Lakeway City Park (502 Hurst Creek Road) and celebrate the season as hot air balloons illuminate the night sky from 7:00 – 9:00 PM. Children from around the area are invited to wear their costumes and enjoy an evening featuring candy, glitter tattoo artists, a juggler, balloon twisters, SpinOut Swings ride and listen to DJ StratKat spin some records. Available for purchase will be delicious Papa Murphy’s Pizza. IceCream4U and Kona Ice Austin will provide food/drinks for purchase and KettleKing will cook up delicious caramel corn for your enjoyment! Don’t forget to see the live bats exhibit and venture into Lakeway’s own Dead End Cemetery! Please, no dogs at the park on this night.
Did we leave off your favorite Halloween Family Friendly spot? Email us at [email protected] and we will add it to our list!