Moms Guide To Black Friday
Deep discounts for holiday gifts are almost here! Black Friday can be the best day to score the top toys of the year, the best deals on electronics, and a great time to replace those old appliances.
Fair warning, this popular shopping day is not for the weak hearted. Be ready to do your research, set your alarm super early and wait in massive lines. However, the payoff can be HUGE savings. Your kiddo’s happy faces post unwrapping will make you forget the stress you put into dealing with the massive crowds.
Do your homework
- Be the first to know – Here you can subscribe to the Black Friday ads from your favorite stores as soon as they are leaked!
- Preview deals – Most stores start enticing their buyers with their Black Friday preview guides one/two weeks prior to the sale. These guides are your key to doing your homework to understand who really has the best deals. PRO TIP: that 60 inch TV for $250 may sound like a great deal but in actuality there are only 8 at that price. These are typically the “limited inventory doorbusters”. Odds of you nabbing one are slim so perhaps focus on other items that are available in bigger quantities.
- Leverage social media – Retailer’s Facebook pages, Twitter and Instagram is a great method that flags deals and promotions. Some retailers reward their followers with extra incentives for following or liking various posts. You should also use these platforms to tag friends who may be looking for specific items on discount pricing as well. Sharing is caring!
- Compare prices – Check prices across different retailers for the same item. Many will have variations in price or color, etc.
Online vs. in store shopping – Is your plan to shop online from your bed when the sales hit? Or do you plan to caffeine up with your PSL and hit the stores in person? Most probably dependent on what you plan to purchase, the times the sales will start and the actual physical location of the stores. If you plan to shop in store do yourself a favor and create the most convenient route.
Create your budget
- Let’s be honest, this is the worst part of the shopping fun. The sight of a good deal can make your budget fly through the roof quickly if you are not careful. Stay on track and target your list before adding bonus items.
2018 Store Black Friday Hours
Always triple check local store hours before venturing out on Black Friday. Many stores will also start the hot deals early on Thanksgiving day.