Here at Austin Moms, we love our husbands dearly, but, do you ever feel like your husband just doesn’t understand what you really want? Do you ever wish you could just give him a list?
Well, here you are ladies. This list has been compiled from a lot of women with one simple “Dear husband” prompt:
This Is What I Really Want…
- I want to travel more to exotic fun places. Not like Nashville. Nashville is fun and all, but I want to see more exotic places. So let’s do that.
- Put the dishes in the dishwasher correctly
- More help
- Sometimes I just want to rant without you needing to look for a solution
- Unroll your dirty socks before putting them into the basket
- While we are there, just empty your pockets before you put them into the laundry basket.
- Encourage me to go do things with my friends, it’s hard for me as a mom with a lot to take care of to get myself out.
- Let me sleep in more often
- Understand that I will always worry about everything and it doesn’t mean it’s a reflection on you. As a mom I just worry.
- Don’t ask me what needs to be done. Look around and find things to do. There is always something to be cleaned, or fixed. If you ask me to make you a list, it’s just giving me one more thing to do and forcing me to “mom” you too.
- Cook dinner every once in a while, and don’t ask me what you should make. Just make a decision.
- Listen and pay attention to me when I speak. Put the phone/computer/device away and actively listen.
- Foot rubs every night
- If I cook, you do the dishes
- Be okay with me going off to do my own thing, and maybe give me your blessing to do so. We all need our “me” time.
- I want a hotel room all to myself for one day and night. It doesn’t even have to be out of town. I just want room service, a pool/hot tub, and the chance to be all by myself without someone needing me and where I can watch whatever movie or tv show I want. And please don’t call me unless someone is literally dying or going to the emergency room.
- Tell me I’m doing a good job as a mom and wife more often.
- Tell me I’m rocking my mom bod and kiss me like they do in the movies.
- Plan a romantic get away and pack my bag to surprise me.
- Remember, just because you don’t like a big deal on major events like birthdays, doesn’t mean I don’t like them too. Maybe I want a surprise party or lots of balloons and flowers. Ask me.
- Don’t make me the only place you have to go when life gets hard. Yes, I want to be your person, but sometimes you need to find a way to take care of your own emotional needs that doesn’t involve me. It’s a lot to put on me when I already have to do it for our kids. Try exercising, talk to your friends, or maybe see a therapist if you really need to. There is nothing wrong with a therapist.
- If you do a chore for me, please make sure things get done the right way. Put things in their correct place, or else you just made another chore for me to do.
- Believe me when I tell you you are doing an amazing job.
- A gift certificate for a massage or facial every once in a while would be awesome.
We love you husbands! Thank you for everything you do, and thanks for letting us have a little fun with this one.