I love a good date night, but am constantly dealing with the “what do you want to do?” followed by the awesome “I dont know. What do you want to do?” It almost makes me want to cancel the darn date night all together. Instead of doing that, here’s a handy list of some fun things to do in Austin for perfect date night.
- Alamo Draft House Alamo is a two-fer. Dinner and a movie in one!
- Central Market Cooking School Go learn to make something yummy, and then eat it. Classes usually last about two-and-a-half hours. Perfect date timing.
- Blue Starlite Drive In Theatre If old school movies are your thing, go check one out at an old school drive in theatre.
- Rowing Dock Austin Go kayak, canoe or paddleboard down Lady Bird Lake. Bring some snacks and hang out on the water, or go grab a bite after you finish. This is also a great way to sneak a peek at the over one million Mexican free-tail bats that fly out from under the Congress bridge every summer night, right around dusk.
- South Congress on first Thursday Stores stay open late up and down South Congress on the first Thursday of every month. There are also a ton of great restaurants to hit up all along the way. Not to mention Amy’s Ice Cream to help you cool off.
- Blues on the Green Awesome live music is Austin’s iconic Zilker Park. It gets a little crowded, but it’s a whole lot of fun.
- Top Golf Austin You don’t have to be an awesome golfer to have a ton of fun here. Plus they have a great food and drink menu.
- Hill Country Golf and Guitar Great food, live music and mini-golf in a beautiful setting.
- Mount Bonnell Hike up Mount Bonnell, have a picnic at the top and watch the sunset.
- Shore Club/Volente Beach Adult Night Live music, food and a water park, with no little kiddies to watch.
- Esther’s Follies Go check out a hilarious show. Before or after check out Casino El Camino for one of their famous burgers.
- There are so many great restaurants in Austin. So many, in fact, that there is no way I could list them all. Here are a few of my favorites around town. Sala & Betty, Uchiko, Odd Duck, Easy Tiger, Vino Vino, Hopfields… this list could go on forever. Check out Zagat for an even bigger listing.
- Playland Skate Center Every Tuesday night is adult skate night at Playland. Go relive your youth, and couple skate around the rink.
- iFLY Go indoor skydiving at iFLY Austin. One day I will try this.
- Highball Austin Great food, live music and karaoke rooms. This is an ultimate adult playground. So much fun.
- Dance at Dallas Dallas night club offers free latin and country dance lessons on Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights. Stick around afterward to test out your newly learned skills. This Austin staple will actually be closing its doors in September, so experience Dallas while you can!
- Jester King Brewery This place is great for a date, but they also have an awesome open space that is very kid friendly as well. Not to mention some really delicious pizza.
- Moontower Saloon Go play some volleyball at Moontower Saloon. They also always have live music playing and food trailers serving.
- Hope Outdoor Gallery Go check out some amazing art in the Hope Outdoor Gallery and then grab a bite to eat at one of the many awesome places nearby.
- Barton Creek Greenbelt Go hike and swim the Barton Creek Greenbelt. This year is perfect with all the rain the Austin are has had.
- Cap City Comedy Club Go check out a brand new or old comic, and have a night full of laughs.
- Austin Panic Room If you love figuring out a good riddle or puzzle and wouldn’t completely freak out trying to figure your way out of a locked room, check this place out. I am way to big of a chicken for this one.
- Texas Roller Derby Go watch some seriously tough chicks battle it out.
- The Oasis Go eat at the famous Oasis on Lake Travis. The views are incredible and most nights they have live music to enjoy with those gorgeous views. Go on a night with live music. The Eggmen (a Beatles cover band) are my personal favorite. Check their calendar for dates.
- Round Rock Express Take yourself and your date out to ballgame. Peanuts and crackerjacks. You know the drill.
We also love going to Pinballz for date day/night
I always forget about Pinballz and it is so close to us! I need to go check it out.