Summer is here and many Austinites are trying to get their lawn protected for the dog days of summer. Our second shipment with Lawnbox subscription box arrived at our door with Lawn Luxe. It was time for our lawn to get some nourishment.
Austin summers are known for dry grass and brutal sun. Our corner lot + two daughters love to run all over our grass meant we needed some help protecting our lawn. They love to play soccer and run in the sprinklers all summer long. We were happy to find a safe, easy, affordable, successful plan that would help nourish and protect our lawn through each season. Lawnbox has been perfect! (Also a perfect Father’s Day Gift!)
Step 1: Lawn gets measured
Step 2: A customized annual plan was built for my yard taking into account my location, amount of rainfall, type of grass and type of soil
Step 3: We received our first shipment, Soil Saver, which was designed to give our soil (and grass!) a boost.
Step 4: Second shipment was received in time for summer, this included Lawn Luxe, an organic fertilizer with soil-enriching humic acid designed to help your lawn stand up to summer stress from increased traffic, higher temperatures and drought.
The main ingredients are:
SOYBEAN MEAL: a plant-based, slow-release nitrogen source for uniform growth and continual feeding up to 6 weeks.
SODIUM NITRATE: an all-natural, quick-release nitrogen source that provides a quick green up.
POTASH: a naturally-occurring, chloride-free potassium source to help build drought tolerance and disease resistance.
HUMIC ACID: a carbon-based organic substance that helps grass capture nutrients and builds healthy soils.
Lawn Luxe has the same application recommendations as Grass Genie.
- Mow before applying
- Do not apply before heavy rainfall
- Water in for best results
Unlike most other fertilizers where my husband has to shoo our children off of the grass. We never had to worry about that with Lawnbox, with the organic non-waste ingredients they use, my daughters could safely walk and play on our lawn without hesitancy. #momwin
AND since all of their products are made with organic, safe materials my girls can actually help out with the lawn, and have picnics…our favorite.
Lawnbox offers organic, lawn care straight to your door and tailor-made for your specific lawn..
Plans start around $200 and cover lawns up to 20,000 square feet (about half-an-acre). Outside of the standard annual lawn care subscriptions, Lawnbox also offers Soil Saver soil conditioner as an add-on product, along with three types of spreaders. We were more than excited to work Soil Saver into our plan, as we’ve heard about the importance of building a healthy soil for a healthy lawn!
Here’s what makes Lawnbox different:
- Lawnbox is truly organic. There’s a lot of noise and misinformation in organic lawn care. Plenty of companies position their products as “organic” or “natural”, but they aren’t. Every product Lawnbox offers is OMRI listed. This means that the Organic Materials Review Institute (OMRI) has reviewed all of the ingredients and approved them as being 100% organic.
- Safety. With the absence of harsh synthetic chemicals or toxins, Lawnbox is kid, pet and pollinator safe. #momwin And unlike traditional lawn care, there’s no need to stay off your lawn after our products have been applied. Such a relief with little kids!
- It’s easy! Lawnbox plans will cover the entire lawn care season. No more trying to figure out what to apply and when to apply it!
- It’s never too late in the season to start your lawn plan.Lawn plans run on a rolling calendar so your subscription will renew at the same time the following year.
- All products are backed by the Love Your Lawn Guarantee.If a customer isn’t happy with their results, they provide a full refund.
So as you start to kick your early summer into gear, let Lawnbox help you get ready.