Whether stuck in traffic or making dinner, I love podcasts for my daily dose of inspiration, insight, and humor. I’m into everything from boss babes chatting about owning a business of their dreams to women discussing life, parenting and marriage.
Below are some of my favorite podcasts. Each podcast differs in approach and covers a variety of topics, offering something for everyone. Listen, learn and laugh!
My favorite parenting podcasts:
- One Bad Mother. A comedy podcast about motherhood and how unnatural it sometimes is. Despite the laid-back vibe, the topics are relevant, and guests are invited to discuss specific issues and share important insights.
- The Extremely Good Parenting Podcast with Kara Carrera. Kara talks about real issues that real parents face day to day in raising children of all ages. She perfectly finds the good in parenting, even when we feel like we are failing.
- The Longest Shortest Time. It tells stories about the surprises and absurdities of raising other humans.The Longest Shortest Time is an award-winning podcast about parenthood in all of its forms.
For the entrepreneurs (or aspiring entrepreneurs):
- Boss-Mom podcast. Mostly biz stuff but with a mom bent. Great, actionable information and highly entertaining.
- Being Boss. Podcast full of Inspiration, tips, and real stories about female entrepreneurship and owning a business.
- Girlboss Radio. Lots of great interviews with successful business women. They talk success, failure and personal growth, and make you feel as though you can do anything.
Great lifestyle and motivation podcasts:
- Earn Your Happy. Fun, enlightening, and soul-filling podcast. Lori Harder hopes to convince her listeners that life can be fun and light, and that we are all struggling with something and that’s what creates our strengths.
- Invisibilia. Alix Spiegel and Hanna Rosin talk about the invisible forces that shape and control our lives. This reflective podcast will help you understand how you behave in uncertainty, how your thoughts work, or from where your emotions come.
- Style Your Mind. Very empowering, motivating and honest podcast created for success-driven women. Cara Alwill Leyba is a certified master life coach with a passion for helping women.
My top marriage podcasts:
- ONE Extraordinary Marriage Show. Tony and Alisa talk about sex, love, and commitment. You’ll learn how to see marriage through your spouse’s eyes and how to cherish each other and you will get lots of ideas how to make your marriage extraordinary.
- Better Conversations on Money and Marriage. Great podcast that will teach you how to live on one income with your spouse, how to transition your finances when you first have a child, how to have an attitude of grace toward each other instead of an attitude of perfection, and so much more.
- Sure, Babe. Hosted by marriage and family therapist Chrissy Powers, this podcast covers everything from marriage and motherhood to career and lifestyle. Sure, Babe is all about relationships, accepting who you are and living the life you are meant to live.
Something for moms-to-be:
- The Birth Hour. This podcast is filled with birth stories. From all-natural water births to c-sections, from breech twins to a birth in an RV— you name it, and this podcast most likely has it.
- Pregnancy Podcast. I love this podcast for its diverse discussion about how to plan for your birth. This podcast covers everything you might be worried about or facing in pregnancy.
- Pregnancy Perfect. Valuable tips, tools and inspiration from new and/or more seasoned moms that you can immediately use to make this pregnancy perfect for you.